Halfway there...Bad hair days (two completely unrelated things)

Recently I have taken a new approach to my writing, I have moved it to the beginning of my day instead of the end. Because frankly, once I was done all the other things the day has in store for me, I often lost the will to open my laptop in the evening.

So now I set my alarm earlier and...this is an important part...reach very, very quietly for my laptop - so I don't send a message to the dogs that it's time to get up and start the day. This would defeat the entire purpose of waking up earlier to get some writing done before I get pulled into any other directions.

I am happy to report that this small change in routine has helped move things along with the new book, even if it has caused some confusion to my pups.

I believe I can safely say I am halfway through - possibly a smidgen more - of this book.

Truthfully, when I started I thought I'd be farther than that by this time, but I'm going to be happy with this milestone anyway.

And on a completely unrelated topic...I have been seeing some major bad hair days at the thrift store, in case your week could use a little lightening.

There may have been a few mornings in the late 80's I woke up resembling this guy a little too closely.


Thankfully, I don't think I ever resembled this clown. 
Although, I may have come closer than I want to think after a bad home-perm of that same era.


 This coconut-head dude is rocking the bowl cut. He just wants you to have fun.

As a side note: I did not realized how many coconut-headed things were out there in the world until I started doing this blog and paying more attention to the weirder stuff on the thrift store shelves. 
I may have to do a post just on coconut heads.
(I did just read that last sentence back to myself and had to wonder at what the heck I'm doing with my life.)

 

This lady better keep her hair nice, she's always in the spotlight. At least she has a big hat.


I have no idea what this is, but his dead-starfish hair-do is not great.


This souvenir from Romania with what appears to be an image of Count Dracula doesn't belong in this post. His hair is gorgeous.


May every morning you wake up feeling like the count...except for the whole-undead thing. 
And if you want to sneak in an early start to your day, don't disturb the dogs!




Comments

  1. It feels good to have read your post. I got a lot of good thoughts here. You must be brilliant to have come with writing articles that could inspire and help a lot of your readers. I feel like going to visit this site more often. Beauty and health

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, truly appreciated. HM

      Delete

Post a Comment

Carol Ann's Corner

Carol Ann's Corner
Tips from our favorite shop keeper

Real or Reproduction

As you are hunting around for treasure at yard sales and flea markets, you will come across things that make you wonder if they are original or reproductions. It can be hard to tell.

These are a couple tip offs.

One, does it look a little worn? It should if its really antique or vintage. Even the best kept china got moved around in the cabinet, the doll's vinyl body and hair faded a bit, or the lunch box got a little rust around the hinges. If it looks shiny and new, chances are it is.

Two, are there a lot of them? If you are in a shop or flea market stall and there are ten of the items you've been looking for and haven't been able to find...they have probably been manufactured. Unless you are at a reputable dealer who specializes in that item, then you may have hit the jackpot for your particular collectible.

A good way to gauge if it is a reputable dealer is they will be happy to answer your questions about if the item is authentic or not, and how you can tell. A dealer with a passion and knowledge about that item, will enjoy explaining that all to you. A disreputable dealer, not so much.

Carol Ann Miller
Proprietor, Miller's Fine Antiques

Popular Posts