Match.ThriftStore

I do not frequent dating sites, my husband frowns on that for some reason.

But I do have friends who have gone the Match.com and E Harmony route, some with good results - and some who have asked me to slap them silly if they ever think about going on them again.

As I was wandering through the thrift store the other day, I saw some interesting characters on the shelves and wondered what their Match.com profiles would say (I've learned not to question these thoughts, I just go with them).


Hello, my name's Helga. I love long walks in the woods, usually with a pail in each hand. My favorite hobbies are home brew beer making and carving wooden shoes from tree stumps. 
If you've been looking for a blond who can bench press your weight, look no further!


Well hello there, my name is Elmer and I'm into golf and Prozac. My friends say I look like a sad Snoopy, but I don't see it. If you are looking for someone to worry with, or just share some casual anxiety, message me. 


Hey there, my name is Mable Stinkeyes. I like sunsets and butterflys, blue bonnets and red lipstick. I'm looking for a man who's partial to pale, roundly-shaped gals.


Namaste, my name is Ralph and I'm into yoga, inner-peace and Sanskrit. I've been told my best features are my plush eyebrows, permanent five o'clock shadow and awesome nipples.


Hey, I'm Red. I can tell already you're going to disappoint me.


Hi, my name's Matilda and my passions are brushing my tooth, riding my broom during a full moon and turning people who annoy me into toads. If you'd like me to cast a love spell on you, message me ;-)


What'sup? My name is Tracy and I like to cut my own hair and am super-interested in anything that is to the right-side of me.


Hey, I'm Marie and I have awesome green eyes, a killer pout and I love hats.
I hope you like my head shot...that's really all I've got.



May your Labor Day weekend be filled much with love and laughter...and a little silliness.

Comments

Carol Ann's Corner

Carol Ann's Corner
Tips from our favorite shop keeper

Real or Reproduction

As you are hunting around for treasure at yard sales and flea markets, you will come across things that make you wonder if they are original or reproductions. It can be hard to tell.

These are a couple tip offs.

One, does it look a little worn? It should if its really antique or vintage. Even the best kept china got moved around in the cabinet, the doll's vinyl body and hair faded a bit, or the lunch box got a little rust around the hinges. If it looks shiny and new, chances are it is.

Two, are there a lot of them? If you are in a shop or flea market stall and there are ten of the items you've been looking for and haven't been able to find...they have probably been manufactured. Unless you are at a reputable dealer who specializes in that item, then you may have hit the jackpot for your particular collectible.

A good way to gauge if it is a reputable dealer is they will be happy to answer your questions about if the item is authentic or not, and how you can tell. A dealer with a passion and knowledge about that item, will enjoy explaining that all to you. A disreputable dealer, not so much.

Carol Ann Miller
Proprietor, Miller's Fine Antiques

Popular Posts